Bachelor of Science in Math - Quezon City Campus
Bachelor of Science in Math
The Bachelor of Science in Mathematics program is designed to provide students extensive knowledge and skills in pure mathematics and the applications of mathematics. The program enhances analytical and critical thinking skills and prepares students for research and teaching mathematics.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Three to five years after graduation, the Bachelor of Science in Mathematics alumni shall:
- have advanced their practice or achievement in the field of Mathematics and/or other endeavors or advocacies supported by their acquired education;
- strive to be globally competitive through
- living by the TIP mission values, pursuing continuing education, and practicing continuous quality improvement (CQI) in their personal lives;
- continuously scanning, adopting and building on the best practices in their field.
By the time of graduation, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics students will be able to:
- recognize the need for, the limitations and implications of science in everyday life and prepare to engage in lifelong learning
- communicate effectively mathematical ideas, information, problems, and solutions using the English language
- function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings
- interpret relevant scientific data and make decisions based on acceptable standards and ethical practices
- preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage”
- demonstrate broad and coherent knowledge and understanding in the core areas of the physical and natural sciences and gain mastery in the core areas of mathematics specifically in algebra, analysis, and geometry
- apply analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills in providing proofs and solutions to mathematical theorems and conjectures
- carry out basic mathematical and statistical computations and use appropriate technologies in (a) the analysis of data; and (b) in pattern recognition, generalization, abstraction, critical analysis and problem solving
- develop an enhanced perception of the vitality and importance of mathematics in the modern world including inter-relationships within math and its connection to other disciplines
- design and perform safe and responsible techniques and procedures in field practices
- articulate and discuss the latest developments in the specific field of practice
- demonstrate a service orientation in one’s profession.